Signs of Dental Problems
Horses, ponies and donkeys may show signs that they are having dental problems or experiencing some pain, others may not.
If you get your horse checked every 6 months to a year, these problems can be avoided and should not arise.
- Unusual Chewing.
- Dropping feed.
- Headshaking/ Head tossing.
- Bitting problems. Fighting and resisting the bit.
- Reluctance to eat.
- Slow Eating
- Tilting the head.
- Weight loss. (Loss of body condition)
- Bending or Flexing Problems.
- Facial Swelling or nasal discharge.